If I change my iTunes Store country, will I be able to view my content on my Apple TV still?

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I wrote this question yesterday, but it is nowhere to be found. I'm from the US and have bought thousands of dollars worth of apps, music, movie and TV from the US store. I now live in Spain and would like to change to the Spanish store so that I can get apps that are relevant to me here (banking, etc.), but that aren't in the US store. The same goes for music, movies and TV.

I've read that I won't be able to redownload anything. Is that correct? What about when I eventually get a new iPhone?

If I change to the Spanish store:

Will I be able to update my apps from the US store still?

Will I be able to listen to my music on any of my iDevices, including my Macbook Pro and the new Apple TV (once released)?

Most importantly, will I be able to watch TV and Movies on my Apple TV that I bought from the US store?

I have an iPhone 6 (latest version of iOS)
Macbook Pro (mid-2012) - subscribe to iTunes Match
Apple TV (3rd generation - will be the new one soon)

I'd really rather not have to manage multiple accounts, so if I can just switch the store country without losing everything I actually paid for and own, that would be ideal.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You have 2 options here either a second account for the Spanish store with its own AppleID, OR you can change stores and use the same ID BUT content that you bought from the US store that is prohibited or otherwise not available in the Spanish store will not be available, BUT other stuff should be fine. Many apps, movies, music etc ARE available in both stores. IF an app, music or movie is ALREADY on your device when you change store it will stay on your device.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for this! I didn't know anyone had responded. So what happens when I get a new device? Will the items purchased on the US store still be usable on the new device (under the Spanish store)?

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks again for the response. It seems that you can have multiple devices associated with the same ID, but not multiple IDs on one device. I just tried to log into my Spanish account and it updated the apps that I'd previously downloaded from that store with no problem, but it asks me to log into my US account to update the apps from that store. Also, I'm trying to sign up for Apple Music under the Spanish ID and it says "This device is linked to another Apple ID. You must transfer this device to your Apple ID to join Apple Music. You will be unable to transfer this device again for 90 days."

So that would mean that if I transfer it, then I won't be able to update my US store-based apps for 90 days? Then I'll have to switch back to the US account and not be able to update my Spanish apps for 90 days (or listen to Apple Music since I'd be signed up under the Spanish ID) and so on??

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711