How to change Apple ID country and keep purchases?

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm from the US so my Apple ID is associated with the US store. Over the years I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of music, movies, TV, apps and books. I now live in Spain and would like to switch to the Spanish store since there are apps that would be very useful to me here (banking, cell phone company, etc.), but are not available in the US store. I'd also like to be able to take advantage of the different music offerings in the Spanish iTunes store - this would also allow me to stick with Apple Music rather than Spotify as there is music on Spotify that I listen to that is not in the US iTunes store, but is in the Spanish store.

Devices and Services:
iTunes Match
iPhone 6 - latest version of iOS
iPad 2nd generation - latest version of iOS
MacBook Pro (mid-2012) Retina
Apple TV - 3rd generation (will get the new one when it comes out)

Now for the question: I've read that if I change my store, I will lose the items purchased in the US store. I'd really rather not have to maintain two separate Apple IDs, so I'd like to know if I really will not be able to receive updates to apps from the US store, listen to the music I bought in the US store, watch (on Apple TV) the TV and movies I've purchased from the US store?

Example:

Bank of America app bought in the US store. Will I receive updates once my Apple ID is associated with the Spanish store?

Music album XYZ purchased in the US store. Will I be able to listen to it on all of my devices once my Apple ID is associated with the Spanish store?

Doctor Who Season 8 purchased in the US store. Will I be able to watch it on my Apple TV once my Apple ID is associated with the Spanish store?

____

Also, if my Apple ID is associated with the Spanish store, will setting my iPhone's region to the US cause any issues?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh