Auto lock

Manrod08

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Major security flaw!!!!!

When your device is plugged in... Auto lock is disabled!!

This has never been the case before.... Imagine you leave your phone charging and forget to press the sleep button... Nature calls ...and Now you run to the bathroom ... Your phone is completely open.

Apple considers themselves as a secure company??? But yet disables auto lock!!!!

That's crazy!!!

Thanks,
Manny

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
My auto-lock is not disabled when my phone is plugged in.

Just wondering something though, who is around to access your phone in the middle of the night while you run to attend to nature? And if they are around you during that delicate time, you don't trust them enough to leave your phone for a few minutes?

Manrod08

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Can't trust no one!!!

Not even while......

iOS 9 will not auto lock if you have the music app open....

I reached out to apple and they said that engineers design it that way... How??? How can you design you phone to be vulnerable to anyone to peek at your privates!!!!

BAD APPLE!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can't trust no one!!!

Not even while......

iOS 9 will not auto lock if you have the music app open....

I reached out to apple and they said that engineers design it that way... How??? How can you design you phone to be vulnerable to anyone to peek at your privates!!!!

BAD APPLE!!!

If your privates are bare, maybe you need an app suitable to hide them in. MyPhoto is just what you need.
MyPhoto Pro - Smart Photo Manager by TIDY INC
https://appsto.re/us/9tUtw.i

Manrod08

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
On a serious note....

This is a huge problem. How can Apple allow this to happen? What's the reason to disable auto lock while playing music????

With iOS 8 it lock and gave you play/pause, forward/back options.... To leave your phone wild open, is a huge oversight on security!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Major security flaw!!!!!

When your device is plugged in... Auto lock is disabled!!

This has never been the case before.... Imagine you leave your phone charging and forget to press the sleep button... Nature calls ...and Now you run to the bathroom ... Your phone is completely open.

Apple considers themselves as a secure company??? But yet disables auto lock!!!!

That's crazy!!!

Thanks,
Manny

Are you, by any chance, testing this on a phone with TouchID, and trying to access the phone with one of your "magic" fingers? That's usually how these "lack of security" threads end up...

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If protecting your private ... um .... stuff is so important to you, why aren't you pressing the lock button before you run off to attend to nature?

Imagine you leave your phone open and unattended ... for someone who is screaming so loudly about security ... how could you allow that to happen? That's crazy!!!

To quote you "To leave your phone wild open, is a huge oversight on security!!"

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lingtingzhiyin988