Why did my phone notifications stop working in iOS 6?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 5 with its original iOS 6, never upgraded. One day the phone notifications stopped showing up. Messages, calendar, push notifications, weather, stock, etc. still work. All my settings in Notifications are correct with phone listed in "Notification Center" as it should be. Have tried everything but can't figure it out and can't make it work...

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Big kerfuffel about notification issues with the iOS 9 / 9.0.1 upgrades BUT (?) when did your notifications stop working ??

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
to me IMO this is simple.... You would be shocked and surprised you don't have a long list of apps waiting to be updated because many many many...:) apps need to have the latest update to work as this has been mainly from Apple mandating dev to update their apps so they do work properly especially notifications. Do a complete back up tethered to iTunes and an update to the latest software update the notification when you hook it up tells you. Remember to do a complete back up first, Then the update.

Dont be shocked if something might be wacky since you have a lot of updating and just take your time. If you are lucky all will go well and your device ill come out working like a champ. Good luck to you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711