Iphone 6s Stolen. Can it be found?

I

iMore Question

I pre-ordered the iPhone 6s and never received it or had it delivered. Now fedex is doing an investigation but will the phone be able to be used if someone took it at my door? Or is there an option to have the phone not work at all?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple can "blacklist" the device so it can't be activated by carriers...

Not sure how it could have been taken as FedEx doesn't usually leave things without someone signing for it.

kimiyanini

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I am unsure. They said they delivered it and left it at my door. I came home to nothing. So you are saying that if the phone was taken off my porch the person will not be able to use it, correct?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I am unsure. They said they delivered it and left it at my door. I came home to nothing. So to be clear, if the phone was taken off my porch the person will not be able to use it, correct?

The only way to prevent that is to report it where you bought it. Also contact the shipper for remedy options. And perhaps contact Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Apple can "blacklist" the device so it can't be activated by carriers...

Not sure how it could have been taken as FedEx doesn't usually leave things without someone signing for it.

You never seen that video of a FedEx guy leaving an iPad and then a ups guy stole it or the other way around perhaps?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
If FedEx doesn't have the signature they can't prove delivery. The OP unfortunately has to deal with the shipper and the seller. Hope it works out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2