How to remove 0:00 in my messaging box?

I

iMore Question

I have 0:00in the gray box for messaging on my iPhone 5 how do I erase it, can't see what I type

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Click the x in the grey box or hit the microphone button again. If that doesn't work try rebooting your device by pressing & holding the power & home buttons at the same time until the Apple Logo appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eswoles

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
The real question is how did it get there in the first place? I just turned my phone sideways and it appeared...and help would be great

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the same bug on here 5C. If I swipe it out of multitasking it dissaper for a while but it comes back. Haven't updated here phone to 9.0.2 yet, maybe they fixed this?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the same bug on here 5C. If I swipe it out of multitasking it dissaper for a while but it comes back. Haven't updated here phone to 9.0.2 yet, maybe they fixed this?

After swiping, do a hard reset.
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
And don't touch the mic to the right side.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I just realized this was a bug because it happened to me and 9.0.2 doesn't fix it. My issue actually started after I d/l the update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just realized this was a bug because it happened to me and 9.0.2 doesn't fix it. My issue actually started after I d/l the update.

Happened to me once and I swiped the messages app out of multitasking. It hasn't come back yet.