Why won't my 6 plus connect to iTunes?

I

iMore Question

I'm on iOS 8.4 and am on iTunes 12.3.0.44

Ever since I have "upgrade" iTunes I am unable to get my iPhone to appear in iTunes when I plug it into my Windows 10 64 bit laptop via USB. I have re-installed iTunes several times with the same results. This means that I cannot back up my phone or sync it either. I want to upgrade the phone to iOS 9 but am not going to until I can back up my phone first. I usually like to upgrade the phone via iTunes instead of WIFI so I would really like to get the phone to sync via USB.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would thin iTunes has been readied for Windows 10 but I would make sure and also make sure you have the latest version of iTunes before you panic. Also make sure if the USB is in the back of the laptop you are plugging it in there where there is more power than the side.

assignmeanameplease

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Keith, I verified the the W10 drivers were up to date. Unfortunately still no connection. The phone used to connect to previous version of iTunes and I can access my photos in the W10 file explorer. Just no iTunes connectivity.

Edit to add: After re-reading your suggestion, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers with no luck, however I did get the problem fixed. I will elaborate in another post in this thread!

Last edited:

assignmeanameplease

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Jaguarr40,
The previous version of iTunes would connect to my iPhone with W10 with the same USB port with no problems. The problem happened only after I upgraded iTunes... There are a lot of people having the same/similar complaint on the official Apple support pages. All of which so far as I know are unfortunately unanswered..

Edit to add: I failed to previously mention that I downloaded iTunes directly from their site and verified that their are no updates, so I assume that I have the latest version. This same problem happened with the previous version of iTunes and reinstalling iTunes fixed the problem. I tried reinstalling iTunes this time but no luck connecting.

As an aside, I can't seem to do a full uninstall of iTunes, because when I uninstall then reinstall iTunes, iTunes already has all of my downloaded songs, log in information already present. Perhaps I need to delete some folders to do a "complete" uninstall??

Last edited:

assignmeanameplease

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok I got it working! I decided to uninstall everything that I found relating to "Apple" in the W10 uninstall program section.

I ended up uninstalling these programs in this order..

1) iTunes-restarted windows (restart here may not be necessary, I was going to try reinstalling iTunes in compatibilty mode next, but then decided to uninstall everything related to Apple instead).
2) Bonjour
3) Apple Mobile Device Support
4) Apple Applications Support (64 bit)
5) Apple Applications Support (32 bit)
6) Apple Software Update - restarted windows again

(I was going to delete any Apple folders present on the hard drive but found none.)

Installed iTunes, my iPhone is now detected in iTunes!

The interesting thing is that after uninstalling all of the above, I was already logged in to iTunes and my music library was as I left it. There must be a music folder that I didn't see.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR