 lightning port problem

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys can anyone tell me if this is a defective lightning port?

*using any  OEM lightning cable:
Charging: Pass (both sides)
Data Syncing: Failed

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I finally had time to send my iPhone 6 for a repair. Most people might see this a Non-impacting defect, but it is! - in my POV. The charging is perfectly working in both sides of any lightning cable. Problem is, all of them won't allow me to sync data to PC or Mac, it just charges the iPhone.

I have sent this to a third party Apple devices repairman, he tried replacing the lightning port module (that includes the headset jack, Mic and the lightning port) then it instantly went okay - charging and syncing on both side on any cable. iMoreAppImg_20151118_024221.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I finally had time to send my iPhone 6 for a repair. Most people might see this a Non-impacting defect, but it is! - in my POV. The charging is perfectly working in both sides of any lightning cable. Problem is, all of them won't allow me to sync data to PC or Mac, it just charges the iPhone.

I have sent this to a third party Apple devices repairman, he tried replacing the lightning port module (that includes the headset jack, Mic and the lightning port) then it instantly went okay - charging and syncing on both side on any cable. View attachment 98453

Glad you got it resolved. Nothing is perfect! Lol

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
something not normal is going on with my replaced iPhone 6 lightning port. when connected to original lightning cable it charges and syncs perfect on both sides but... when used with a thirdparty lightning cable brandname "moshi" only one side is perfect, the other side has no response when connected.

so i started investigating, and i found that, on the side it only charges at 100mA which is the reason why not response from the iPhone.iMoreAppImg_20151205_234932.jpg

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
it is charging but at extremely low rate. That's with that one weird side with a third party MFI certified cable

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner