I am having trouble streaming from macbook air using apple tv to my large tv-stop and starts. Help?

I

iMore Question

I am trying to stream video from a subscription site using Apple TV, fairly new, and my macbook air. The video works fine on the Macbook, bit when I try to mirror it on my large TV it stops and starts and is unreliable. I have a wireless cable modem from Xfinity and I even tried an ethernet cable to the Apple TV which made no difference. I have been trying to do this for a long time now, but end up just watching on my macbook air. I tested my download speed and most times it is up to around 65-75 mbps. What am I doing wrong??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to stream video from a subscription site using Apple TV, fairly new, and my macbook air. The video works fine on the Macbook, bit when I try to mirror it on my large TV it stops and starts and is unreliable. I have a wireless cable modem from Xfinity and I even tried an ethernet cable to the Apple TV which made no difference. I have been trying to do this for a long time now, but end up just watching on my macbook air. I tested my download speed and most times it is up to around 65-75 mbps. What am I doing wrong??

In not sure, but the only channel I have streaming issues with is the WatchESPN channel (specifically the main ESPN channel) via my TV. Others have mentioned the same complaint a while back in a different thread. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen enough times to be a PITA. Changing the DNS setting may help to a degree. Streaming the exact same channel via my iOS devices or MacBook is flawless and all other TV channels works fine. Anyway, if the had to guess, I'd say the issue is with the TV, but I don't have any proof to back up my suspicion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2