iPhone 6s 64GB storage question
I'm wondering why my 64gb iPhone 6s only has 50.8gb available with exactly 4.6GB of apps downloaded. Seems like apples done again but I'd like to get everyone's opinion before I make any case for it. Just doesn't make sense to me yet why it takes almost 9 GB just for the operating system
- 09-25-2015, 03:09 PM #2iMore Newbie
- 11 Posts
Re: iPhone 6s 64GB storage question
You have to consider that the free space is expressed using the binary sistem so 1 Gb itís equal to 1.073.741.824 byte.
So your 50.8 Gb, considering 50.8 * 1.073.741.824 are 54,5 Gb.
4 Gb are for installed apps + iOS. I think that your free space is perfect.
- 09-25-2015, 03:10 PM #3
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 15Last Post: 01-17-2016, 07:43 PM
- By vsnlweb in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 151Last Post: 10-06-2015, 11:02 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2015, 09:02 PM
- By donnation in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2015, 05:26 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-25-2015, 01:12 PM