Set Up New Phone > iMessage History Not Appearing
Hi there, I have a new iPhone that I'm setting up as a new phone instead of restoring my backup from iCloud.
I've gone into Settings > iCloud to sign in to pull in all my data, e.g. Contacts, Calendar.
However, Messages isn't displaying my Messages' history. Only the newly triggered conversations appear. I've always been under the impression that all my Messages history will appear in all the devices as long as I'm signed into iCloud.
Am I doing this wrong or will history only appear if I set up the new phone by restoring the backup from iCloud?
Thanks in advance.
- 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM #2iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Re: Set Up New Phone > iMessage History Not Appearing
Nope Messages is not part of your iCloud Backup. Absolutely ridiculous that Apple don't include this but thats the one and only reason that l am restoring to my old iPhone backup and not setting up as new as l have YEARS of history in my messages. We should start a petition to Apple...!!
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2015, 11:47 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2015, 07:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2015, 07:36 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2015, 06:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2015, 05:56 PM