Maps language

TechnoMTB

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have my iPhone's language set to English in Settings, but I live in Italy. When I use turn-by-turn navigation, street names are pronounced as though they were English words, and are barely recognizable.

Is there a way to get Maps navigation feature to speak Italian without changing the systemwide language setting?

I've made setting for Siri so that I can speak Italian with "her". The voice over is in Italian too, I have metric system, Celsius degrees. But turn by turn navigation language strictly depends on the phone language.

Do you know if there is something to do? Trick? Secret setting?

Thank you for your help!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have my iPhone's language set to English in Settings, but I live in Italy. When I use turn-by-turn navigation, street names are pronounced as though they were English words, and are barely recognizable.

Is there a way to get Maps navigation feature to speak Italian without changing the systemwide language setting?

I've made setting for Siri so that I can speak Italian with "her". The voice over is in Italian too, I have metric system, Celsius degrees. But turn by turn navigation language strictly depends on the phone language.

Do you know if there is something to do? Trick? Secret setting?

Thank you for your help!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Don't think so. It's tied to either your region/language setting or the Siri settings. Looks like you can't get what you want... interesting problem, though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner