Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Why is my notification bar is stuck halfway down my screen?

My Notification bar is stuck while taking over 97% of the screen,I can't see or do anything but swipe at the notifications,any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimelox View Post
    My Notification bar is stuck while taking over 97% of the screen,I can't see or do anything but swipe at the notifications,any tips?
    Welcome to iMore! As suggested already in this thread, reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo. That should take care of it.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Welcome to iMore! As suggested already in this thread, reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo. That should take care of it.
    What if it don't do anything? Anymore tips?

Quote Originally Posted by pineda07 View Post
    What if it don't do anything? Anymore tips?
    Try again. I know someone who had to do the hard reset 4 times to get the screen to move. You might also try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: My notification bar is stuck halfway down my screen?

So, this was very helpful, but in my case my home button is stuck down. My device won't die and I'm honestly about to cry. Any ideas?

Default Re: My notification bar is stuck halfway down my screen?

Quote Originally Posted by bellalamie1 View Post
    So, this was very helpful, but in my case my home button is stuck down. My device won't die and I'm honestly about to cry. Any ideas?
    Get your home button fixed, preferably at the nearest Apple Store.
    iMore Nanite

I wish i saw this before i threw my ipad at the floor and fully broke it...
    iMore Nanite

I have the excact same problem! Although yours is working, mine is not! I have an iPad Mini 2, it's 1 year old. I was texting on a group chat with some friends and then a text became frozen to my screen. UGH!! All of my apps are working, but this text notification is blocking the way of certain stuff. EXAMPLES: I'm scrolling through an article on Snapchat. Can't even see the heading that tells me what the article is ABOUT. Brother asks the time. CAN'T SEE THE TIME.
    I tried powering off to see what that would do.. but the notification blocked the slide button!! THE NOTIFICATION IS STILL FROZEN ON MY SCREEN AFTER LIKE TEN HOURS OF SLEEP.

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by will_cracknell04 View Post
    I have the excact same problem! Although yours is working, mine is not! I have an iPad Mini 2, it's 1 year old. I was texting on a group chat with some friends and then a text became frozen to my screen. UGH!! All of my apps are working, but this text notification is blocking the way of certain stuff. EXAMPLES: I'm scrolling through an article on Snapchat. Can't even see the heading that tells me what the article is ABOUT. Brother asks the time. CAN'T SEE THE TIME.
    I tried powering off to see what that would do.. but the notification blocked the slide button!! THE NOTIFICATION IS STILL FROZEN ON MY SCREEN AFTER LIKE TEN HOURS OF SLEEP.

Please help!
    Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.
    I've tried every method, but it won't work. My home button is broken, I have the AssistiveTouch on, I tried using the home button on the display. It won't restart on it's own. My power button works, but I've pressed on it way too many times. I'm afraid it won't work next. Some dumbfxcks decided to charge it the whole night. And the battery will never drain with only the use of notification center stuck on my lock screen. Seems like I'll have to wait for a week/month. I wish Apple would've made the option easier, with their stupid buttons and system... I can't believe I'm having a problem with the notification center on my lock screen! And the greatest yet, the button is no use anymore. Even if I have fixed the button, it still won't work. The dumb notification center is preventing me from doing anything to my device. I can't believe everyone looked up to Apple... Tsk tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by broccolimuscle View Post
    I've tried every method, but it won't work. My home button is broken, I have the AssistiveTouch on, I tried using the home button on the display. It won't restart on it's own. My power button works, but I've pressed on it way too many times. I'm afraid it won't work next. Some dumbfxcks decided to charge it the whole night. And the battery will never drain with only the use of notification center stuck on my lock screen. Seems like I'll have to wait for a week/month. I wish Apple would've made the option easier, with their stupid buttons and system... I can't believe I'm having a problem with the notification center on my lock screen! And the greatest yet, the button is no use anymore. Even if I have fixed the button, it still won't work. The dumb notification center is preventing me from doing anything to my device. I can't believe everyone looked up to Apple... Tsk tsk tsk
    Apple has sold literally a billion iPhones. A few home buttons are bound to break. It would be silly to expect Apple to figure out workarounds for every possible thing that could go wrong with the device. Get a new phone when you can, and buy AppleCare+.

Quote Originally Posted by broccolimuscle View Post
    Allow the battery to discharge down until it reboots on it's own.
    iMore Nanite

i have a same problem as that guy.. but my home button doesn't work either
    iMore Nanite

Thank you so much. You are a life saver.
    iMore Nanite

for those who have broken buttons/assistive touch on but the notification bar is blocking the way to turn it off, I found a really quick fix.
    My battery was fully charged meaning it would take hours to die out and I really didn't want to use a software or something because I have a lot on my phone and it could potentially delete my things. However I downloaded a software called Reiboot and connected my phone up to my laptop. The app sends your phone into recovery mode, which from there you can exit as well. I sent my phone into recovery mode (backed up everything just in case) and when my phone turned off and back on, I exited recovery mode and the phone started as normal, with everything still there.

I'm quite thankful for this as I don't have care for my phone and neither money to fix it.
    I hope this works for someone else!
+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123