Which laptop to buy?
I am a web developer and have been a longtime PC user. I am looking for a good (Mac) laptop to simply allow me to update my websites while traveling or while visiting with a client. I've decided on a 13" inch (it's not too big, not too small). As far as storage, that is not a factor in the decision as I store everything in the cloud or on my web server. The only local app installation I need would be an IDE for web pages and PuTTY for server command-line activities. Speed and RAM are important but not enough to make me speed lots of money. I would not be using this as my primary development platform -- merely when away from my office. So a lower cost solution is preferred. Thanks for helping.
- 10-09-2015, 09:23 AM #2Q&A Jedi
- 3,364 Posts
Re: Which laptop to buy?
Can you afford right around 1000? These are the 2 I would decide between, and I would get the Pro, it's NOT that much heavier and bulkier than the air!
Mac - Apple
Well it IS, but I went to the store and I am a 2 year owner of the pro and it's really not that much bigger and bulkier, if you are used to PC laptops you will really appreciate its aesthetics and design.
- By Apple Fanatic 44 in forum Apple TVReplies: 4Last Post: 09-22-2015, 04:38 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2015, 08:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2015, 07:31 PM
- By teleri69 in forum Apple WatchReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2015, 07:08 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2015, 05:37 PM