Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Angry How can I remove the "Find My iPhone" and "Find My Friends" apps from my device?

I have an iPad mini. I don't just want to turn off "Find my phone" and "Find my friends." I want them gone. I can't find where to shut them off, even. I only have the option to turn off "find my iPad." I do not own a smart phone. I do not want a smart phone. My mini is wifi only, no phone connection, so "find friends" doesn't seem like much help. I want to remove these apps.
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Remove find my phone app

You can't remove them, only shut them off. Find my phone comes in handy if your device is lost or stolen. I'd personally recommend activating it and leaving it on.

Default Remove find my phone app

They are permanent apps now. Just hide them in a folder.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default Re: Remove find my phone app

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    They are permanent apps now. Just hide them in a folder.
    Yeah! sadly :-< I use FMI a lot though!
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: How can I remove the "Find My iPhone" and "Find My Friends" apps from my device?

How do i get rid of my find my friend s an find my iPhone? I don't need extra data.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default Re: How can I remove the "Find My iPhone" and "Find My Friends" apps from my device?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne Bechler View Post
    How do i get rid of my find my friend s an find my iPhone? I don't need extra data.
    Please, read the posts above, it's not possible to delete those apps, now they come by default.

Yeah, yeah, Sent from Tapatalk and all that stuff
    iMore Nanite

Hi, I have a friend (girl), and she has a problem, her boyfriend is chasing by using Find friends app. She can't stop that, and can't remove them...also she can't stop the Location service. please help

Default How can I remove the &quot;Find My iPhone&quot; and &quot;Find My Friends&quot; apps from my device?

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Emil1 View Post
    Hi, I have a friend (girl), and she has a problem, her boyfriend is chasing by using Find friends app. She can't stop that, and can't remove them...also she can't stop the Location service. please help
    Turn off "Share my location".
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: How can I remove the &quot;Find My iPhone&quot; and &quot;Find My Friends&quot; apps from my device?

I can't, it just does not work....I will post a photo today to show.....thank you anyway
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: How can I remove the &quot;Find My iPhone&quot; and &quot;Find My Friends&quot; apps from my device?

Restore iphone could work? i mean to remove all data from "find friends" app
    iMore Nanite

Hi everyone l wanted to no how can u delete find my iPhone from my phone for good so it not come on anymore