Why can't I add an attachment to the improved Notes app?

I

iMore Question

Hi, I have installed iOS 9 in the last few days and upgraded to the improved Notes app. I took a photo on the iPhone and it appeared on the section on my laptop in the iCloud account so I believe the Notes app upgraded ok.

I am aware you can now add attachments using the Share option. When I tried to do this I get a pop up message on my iPhone with a title - Upgrade Your Notes - To send a note, you'll need to go to Notes and upgrade your iCloud account with Cancel and Go To Notes as options.

I am unsure how to proceed from here as I believed I had upgraded the Notes app.

I have used the same username/password as my Apple ID and iCloud ID? Could this be the reason for the problem or something else I have overlooked.

Any help greatly appreciated to resolve this.

Greg

Lynn Suzanne

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why Can I Note Add An Attachment To The Imrpoved Notes App

The iOS 8 Notes app had the photo sharing capability, so that particular share wouldn't indicate that your Notes app is actually upgraded.
My understanding is that the upgraded ios 9 Notes app will only work with the upcoming E!Cap upgrade for Mac, and not with Yosemite or Mavericks. Perhaps your Notes app isn't actually upgraded, which would explain both the continued sharing ability (since E!Capitan isn't released yet), as well as the prompt to upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73