Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Will WatchOS 2 fix the issue that's preventing the IOS 9 heartrate strap not feeding info to phone?

In IOS 9 now....

When using an external heart rate strap paired with the apple watch, the watch still shows the correct heartrate and calculates calories based on heartrate but.....

It no longer sends the heartrate data to healthkit or the Activity app on the iphone. It used to do this in IOS 8. I'm hoping Watch os2 will fix this, but right now unless I'm missing a setting it doesn't seem to work.

Default Re: IOS 9 heartrate strap with watch doesn't feed to phone

Hopefully, it will. Let us know either way after you upgraded to WatchOS 2, please.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: IOS 9 heartrate strap with watch doesn't feed to phone

I updated to watch OS2 yesterday and tested this morning. With a heart rate monitor strap connected to the apple watch via bluetooth and using the workout app on the watch.

The heart rate data now flows to my iphone on IOS 9 into both the Activity app and Healthkit. The compiled heart rate data in healthkit is now organized/filed by day and and Healthkit seems way more stable and not locking. Previously apps that fed into healthkit like UP and My Fitness Pal would lock if Healthkit became unresponsive.

All in all IOS9 with Watch OS2 seems to have fixed the heart rate monitor paired to apple watch with data flowing to the iPhone. I still occassionally open the Activity app on the iPhone and it shows no data at all until the phone reboots, but I’m hoping this goes away. It at least seems to be happening less frequently than on IOS8.