When an i-Device is excluded from a new OS, does it still get security patches?
For example, iPhone 4 does not get iOS 9. What about security patches? Does Apple give security patches to iPhone 4, or no patches whatsoever?
I am asking this, that there are more and more security threats now, and if an OS no longer gets security patches, it is effectively dead. See Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, for examples. If Apple gives no longer provides security updates for iPhone 4, then all iPhone 4s in the world become obsolete.
- 09-18-2015, 02:47 PM #2Banned
- 6,101 Posts
Re: When an i-Device is excluded from a new OS, does it still get security patches?
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 09-20-2015, 09:07 PM
- By pearlyrob in forum iOS 9Replies: 6Last Post: 09-18-2015, 06:21 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2015, 02:40 PM
- By sting7k in forum iOS 9Replies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2015, 02:16 PM
- By Hobiano in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 2Last Post: 09-18-2015, 02:10 PM