Updated to IOS 9, but my notes app isn't showing the new features?

ykmc

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it is on for icloud and i see my notes and drawing as well that i edited using my iphone 6P. I cann't edit the drawing on my ipad, it shows as picture.

halman707

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPad mini 2 and could not see the squiggly symbol to bring up the tools for drawing. I didn't get any instructions to convert my notes probably because none of my notes are in the iCloud. I'm using Google to store all my notes. I turned on notes for the iCloud. Copied one af my old notes to the iCloud and selected it and the tools appeared. It appears you must have your notes in the iCloud.

sj1615

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi i've read forum #18 and tried it with my iphone 5s. But it only goes back to the folders. How can I fix my notes?

-thanks in advance

Callie330

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I was in gmail notes which doesn't allow check lists and all the extra stuff. You need to be in "on my iPhone"notes on the bottom.
Go into "all notes" then go to "on my iPhone" notes. This gives you all the extra features.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi :) i have the same iPhone but I cant press back second time so i'm stuck to folders.
-thanks in advance

That's as far as it goes if you only have one thing set "on" for notes in Settings. DO you have iCloud on for notes, or an email address?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was in gmail notes which doesn't allow check lists and all the extra stuff. You need to be in "on my iPhone"notes on the bottom.
Go into "all notes" then go to "on my iPhone" notes. This gives you all the extra features.

Toggle on Notes in iCloud in Settings. Toggle off Notes in Gmail in Settings. That's the best way to do Notes.

absmartinez

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys!

Encountered the same problem with my ipad mini 1 but here is what I did ☺️

image.jpeg

After launching the Notes app, look for the top folder.. Mine was iCloud, there was an 'Upgrade' button beside it.. Just click it, it leads you to upgrade your notes (even though I've just updated my ios software, upgrading notes should be manually done). Then that's it!

Hope this helps! ��

KH9921

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
1- Remove notes from being updated to icloud.
2- go to notes in your app, hit the return arrow all the way.
3- now you will see the upgrade option.
4- add notes again to icloud updates.
5- go back to notes (all the way back using the return arrow) and you will see the update option next to icloud.

i did that on my Iphone 6s plus and it worked

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1458846955.585109.jpgthe lock note option is seen only for notes created using "on my iPhone".

When you're done writing the notes, click "done".

click on the share button to see the "lock note" option.

Lara iOS

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Updated to IOS 9, but my notes app isn't showing the new features?re

It depends on what generation you're using. On iPad 1 to 3, and iPad mini 1, it won't work. Not sure about iPad mini 2. On iPhone 1 to 3, it probably would not work either. I think Apple should at least allow that feature on iPad mini one. A new update won't hurt, right?

kingobee

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
*** SLOVED ***
I had this same problem on my brand new iphone 6s plus.
I 3D touched notes (from home screen), then selected New Note.

That's it! thats all I had to do. I hope this works for some of you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods