Why my Mac Pro much slower than my MacBook Pro
My recent purchase of Mac Pro with 3.5 G 6-core Xenon E5, 32 GB memory, Dual AMD FirePro D500 GPU runs much slower than my MacBook Pro with 2.5G Quad-core Intel i7, 16 GB and Intel Irs Pro Graphic + AMD Radeon R9 2 G GDDRS Memory.
I was running a neural network C program that counts how many words processed every seconds. With the same configuration and parameters, Mac Pro is about 1/2 speed of MacBook Pro.
Seems not worth the money spent.
- 09-16-2015, 05:42 PM #2
Re: Why my Mac Pro much slower than my MacBook Pro
I don't know specifically why your Mac Pro is running slower than your MacBook Pro, but it could be any number of thing. Hard drive speed, available RAM, available storage space, Apps running at startup or in the background that may not be the same that's on the MacBook Pro, etcetera.
- By lukejohn1989 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 16Last Post: 01-01-2016, 11:49 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 62Last Post: 09-23-2015, 04:34 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-16-2015, 05:46 PM
- By projectman in forum iOS 9Replies: 9Last Post: 09-16-2015, 12:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2015, 12:36 PM