Can I switch to the iPhone Upgrade Program from a phone I upgraded with AT&T Next?

I

iMore Question

In the heat of preorders I ordered an iPhone 6S Plus for me and an iPhone 6S for my wife through AT&T Next. I wanted to use the iPhone Upgrade Program, but the store near me did not have both configurations for reservation so I just placed them both on line using AT&T Next. So now I am left wondering, when the phones come in can I just "return" them to the Apple Store before opening/activating them and then repurchase them through the iPhone upgrade program or would that not be allowed/possible? Just weighing my options and any assistance would be appreciated.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well to be honest and candid with you the best to ask is AT&T. Heck why not and if they are sending them to you I can't see why not as most carriers have anywhere from 14 to 30 days. Depends like my carrier VZW only gives you 14 days to return and you can activate and all. Good luck and hope all works out for the best.

I forgot to tell you that the Apple iPhone Upgrade program can only be used directly at an Apple Retail Store and they will handle setting up everything for you through AT&T. In this case you might want to just cancel your order with the carrier and go online to order through Apple with the option to pickup at store in your area. I apologize for the length of my answer.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
They're not connected... you could buy a device on the Apple Program without any regard to any program you have with AT&T or any other carrier.... You're on the hook for whatever your deal is with your current program... after that, do whatever suits you - the Apple Program, or carrier.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
They're not connected... you could buy a device on the Apple Program without any regard to any program you have with AT&T or any other carrier.... You're on the hook for whatever your deal is with your current program... after that, do whatever suits you - the Apple Program, or carrier.
Just curious why "On the hook"? since he has not received them and would have like I mentioned 14 days even if activated to change his mind or just cancel if they have not even ben shipped yet? Thanks Keith so I know myself but don't know why he could not.:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
"On the hook"... one has to honor terms of any existing deal... if they're still in the satisfaction guarantee period - of course that would apply...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
"On the hook"... one has to honor terms of any existing deal... if they're still in the satisfaction guarantee period - of course that would apply...
I would have to d=say I do agree with both answers - Don't think it was questioning and agree especially with 2nd answer. Just can't imagine that *ONE* could not cancel an order like mentioned an=d I had this option with VZW a month ago before my 14 days and could have jumped on the A. U. P. instead but decided to stay with my original deal for my 6. Thanks again for answering Keith!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2