iPhone Screen Cracked.

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find the answer online so thought I'd ask here.

My screen is cracked but it's not the front panel. It's underneath the top pane of glass. It's not on the touch screen it's at the top beside the speaker at the front.

How easy is this to fix? What does it require to fix it? I rather avoid going to the Apple Store and paying over $100 for a replacement. It doesn't affect anything on my phone but it bothers me to see it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The only place or people to give you a proper answer is going to be the Apple Store Genius Bar which I recommend and since you asked the question it must bother you, Be it that it does or does not affect a part of the phone if it happened to me I would want to know and then make up my mind. Good luck. :)

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Haha yeah it's annoying to see the mark on the glass but it's smooth and has no affect on the phone at all.

I'm more curious what would be broken. Odds are it's whatever it under the protective glass layer not sure what that is though.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The layers are the digitizer, LCD and the glass. So it's probably the digitizer or the LCD.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Get a full assembly and replace that. It's a pain to replace any of the three separately

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal