if i update to the iOS 9 beta, will i be able to update to the regular iOS 9?

I

iMore Question

i have been hesitant to update to the iOS 9 beta because ive read that once you update to the beta, you cannot get the general release iOS 9 without factory resetting the phone. is this true?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
i have been hesitant to update to the iOS 9 beta because ive read that once you update to the beta, you cannot get the general release iOS 9 without factory resetting the phone. is this true?

It will NOT require a "factory reset" or even a device wipe.

You will need to do the update to GM (gold master) and the GA (general availability) releases via iTunes, but that process is not necessarily destructive. Going from 9.0 beta x to 9.0 GA can be done as an update via iTunes and will not impact your data/apps/etc.

rpayner

May 16, 2015
Visit site
so i will not be able up update via in the air to standard ios 9?

Yes you will be able to update over the air. Just delete the beta testing profile in settings and when the official ios9 release hits you should see it as an over the air update. You will however not be able to beta test ios9.1 which was just released, should you choose to delete the beta profile from settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You will however not be able to beta test ios9.1 which was just released, should you choose to delete the beta profile from settings.
One can always go back to the Apple's Public Beta web site and reinstall the beta profile and get the latest public beta...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro