Why are deleted emails returning to inbox

I

iMore Question

I have an I-Pad & delete unwanted e-mails daily and now they are all back in my inbox! Over 1,000! How do I get them out and stop this from happening again?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Try deleting the account on your devices. Deleting the emails via a Mac or PC then re adding the accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that if you delete the account and then add it again they emails will show up. You have to remove them off the server. If you have pop mail you don't have much choice. If you have imap you can set how far back you get emails from.

Bob Russell1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I have deleted all in-box material in iPhone 6+ and email provider server. I have also made sure the email is not beint saved to the iCloud. It does a little better if I delete one at a time, but the delete all key only brings everythihg back after a brief pause or reboot. The phone mail has worked perfectly for two years until this past week. Also the message count on home screen and in list of inbox, junk box, sent, trash, archives do not coincide with the number of emails in each box.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73