Can I restore my Iphone 6+ from ICloud despite the fact that my ITunes corrupted and deleted?

I

iMore Question

During the latest update, my Iphone locked and said it needed to be connected to ITunes. I connected it and was about 30 minutes in, when I received the message that I needed to initiate the restore from the phone - Impossible since the keypad was locked - When I went to check my data on ITunes, my back up was virtually gone and the computer no longer recognized the device. My pictures, limited contacts, calendar data, etc is still in ICloud. The phone is now allowing calls, but there is no caller ID. When I hang up, I get a glimpse of my notifications so it appears the phone is still functioning just without contact data and in its "disabled" state. I would like to figure out how to restore the data, before taking the hard reboot and hopefully getting rid of this ridiculous "Iphone is disabled, please connect ITunes" message.
Please help.... I am losing friends as my friends think I am ignoring their texts..

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
During the latest update, my Iphone locked and said it needed to be connected to ITunes. I connected it and was about 30 minutes in, when I received the message that I needed to initiate the restore from the phone - Impossible since the keypad was locked - When I went to check my data on ITunes, my back up was virtually gone and the computer no longer recognized the device. My pictures, limited contacts, calendar data, etc is still in ICloud. The phone is now allowing calls, but there is no caller ID. When I hang up, I get a glimpse of my notifications so it appears the phone is still functioning just without contact data and in its "disabled" state. I would like to figure out how to restore the data, before taking the hard reboot and hopefully getting rid of this ridiculous "Iphone is disabled, please connect ITunes" message.
Please help.... I am losing friends as my friends think I am ignoring their texts..

There are a couple of options, that I can think of. One, connect back to iTunes and follow the prompts. Conversely, take your phone to a Genius Bar.
I'm not sure what you meant when you said that the keypad was locked.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you feel iTunes is ok at this point to use I would place your phone in DFU mode by holding down the power and home button until you see the black screen but not the Apple logo, Let go of the power button but hold the home until you see the connect to iiTunes but I would already have it hooked up and completely restore your phone. PLEASE remember to do a MANUAL BACKUP first!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner