I purchased an iPhone 4 and did not get the passcode so how can I get access to this phone?

I

iMore Question

This is a verizon phone and I did not get the pass code from the previous owner. How can I get access to this and change the pass code?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I purchased an iphone4 and did not get the pass code, how can I get access to this phone?

This is a verizon phone and I did not get the pass code from the previous owner. How can I get access to this and change the pass code?
Bluntly put, you can't without the previous owner's credentials. Period.

Bubby85

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: I purchased an iphone4 and did not get the pass code, how can I get access to this phone?

Can the iphone4 that I purchased be restored to factory settings so I can set up my own pass code?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Can the iphone4 that I purchased be restored to factory settings so I can set up my own pass code?

Nope. Not as long as the iCloud Activation Lock is enabled.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Is it the 4 digit unlock code or the activation lock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Is it the 4 digit unlock code or the activation lock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zerog46 is correct. If you're referring to the lockscreen passcode then yes, you can connect it to your computer and select 'restore' via iTunes, but if you're referring to the iCloud Activation Lock, my previous reply stands.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2