Which phone would you prefer to use? iPhone 6 Vs. iPhone 6 Plus

I

iMore Question

Currently, I'm using iPhone 6, and I think it's big enough for me to use it without any distrubtions. One of the reasons that I chose iPhone 6 instead of iPhone 6 Plus is because iPhone 6 Plus is TOO big. I can't imagine how could you walk with that huge phone in your pocket.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not a big deal to me, and I like having the extra screen size when I have to do something productive. The iPhone 6 is too small to do much "real" work on, in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I really need the Plus because my eyes are getting worse. The larger screen would benefit me. I'll need Cargo Pants though. The 6 would be much easier to carry.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have them both and I prefer the 6 Plus. I do a lot of reading etc. and I like the extra screen real-estate

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the 6 plus and kind of wish that I got the 6 stuck in limbo if I should change screen size does not bother my plus the 6 isn't that small

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the 6 and prefer it over the Plus. Tried both out when they were released and found the Plus to be to large for my needs. I have small hands which was the biggest draw towards the 6. I can see the screen fine and it fits in my pockets just fine. I always figured I have my MBP if I really need something larger when I am mobile and working. The Plus would not even cut it for that, so no sense in me considering it. Bonus was I saved some cash.

Last edited:

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the 6 and prefer it over the Plus. Tried both out when they were released and found the Plus to be to large for my needs. I have small hands which was the biggest draw towards the 6. I can see the screen fine and it fits in my pockets just fine. I always figured I have my MBP if I really need something larger when I am mobile and working. The Plus would not even cut it for for that, so no sense in me considering it. Bonus was I saved some cash.

Knew I wasn't the only one that felt that way unfortunately i went with the plus instead of doing what you did and try both before buying I got s mpb as well and feel the same I can use that if I need to

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Had both a couple of times. Actually just sold my 6+ and went back to a i6. The 6+ is a very nice phone but it's overall too big for my everyday needs. Bulky and just didn't fit in any of my pockets comfortably. The i6 is ideal and feels at home for me. Just took me a couple of times to figure that out

Sent from my  Iphone 6 

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I prefer the iPhone 6 Plus, but if I had opted to get the iPhone 6 instead, I'd enjoy it just as much...;)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the 6 Plus for the batt life and screen size. I have a bunch of friends with the 6 and it's great also it would be cool to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwinsberry

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't use my 6 to watch videos or play games so it is adequate for viewing. I do find myself squinting from time to time to read something but that is my problem. The plus is just too big to lug around for me. On the downside, I have dropped this iphone 6 more times than I care to count. Slippery little thing.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
This has been talked to death over the past year. You sort of have to make your own choice. You won't get a consensus.

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the 6 plus. Since I got it I have decided that I wouldn't want anything smaller, plus the battery is great

Sent from my amazing, beautiful Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When the 6 and the 6 Plus was first released, my first impression was WOW, the 6 Plus is just to BIG, but after purchasing the 6 plus anyway (LOL), and after having/using it over a little more than two months, the size doesn't bother me at all. It's only when I pick up my Wife's 5s or Son's 6, that I even realize how big it is. My aging eyes are truly grateful to Apple for finally making a large screen iPhone...SMILE

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Definitely the plus. It's pretty easy to handle once you're comfortable using it. I keep it in my back pocket when I'm walking around or in my center console when driving. The regular 6 seemed to small to me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Definitely the plus. It's pretty easy to handle once you're comfortable using it. I keep it in my back pocket when I'm walking around or in my center console when driving. The regular 6 seemed to small to me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

Same here. I do the exact same thing. I estimate that my iPhone is probably in my hand 90% of the time anyway.