If I go to England and the person I'm texting does not have an iPhone, how do I text?

I

iMore Question

I'll be texting people who own B&Bs we're staying at - I have no idea what kind of phone they have, I just have their phone number.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Use the Messages app... And you'll use standard carrier SMS... Make sure your plan will cover texts originating while roaming internationally.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You text that person in the same manner you would someone with an iPhone. The difference will be the color. Blue represent an iMessage which are only visible on iOS and OS X devices. Green represent an SMS message which are standard text messages regardless of the mobile phone. Oh, and unless you have an unlimited texting plan, data rates will apply in regard to SMS messages.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Make sure that you are calling a mobile number if you are texting,because if you text a landline and someone answers it, a machine will speak your message,which probably won't be recorded, leaving no way to check your number to reply to you !

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Make sure to get an international data plan prior to your departure. Most have some sort of SMS plan, along with Data and Voice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox