Why won't my iPhone play the next song in my playlist?

I

iMore Question

Up until about a week ago, I had no problem listening to my iTunes on my iPhone. Now, only one song plays and I have to manually select another song. Then only that song will play until I select another song, etc. I didn't change anything in my settings and I honestly can't remember if this happened before or after I updated my phone. I have restarted my phone since I noticed this problem and it still persists.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Exit out of the music app and then remove it from the recently used app list. Afterwards, wait a few seconds and then restart the Music app and see if you're still having issues.

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Up until about a week ago, I had no problem listening to my iTunes on my iPhone. Now, only one song plays and I have to manually select another song. Then only that song will play until I select another song, etc. I didn't change anything in my settings and I honestly can't remember if this happened before or after I updated my phone. I have restarted my phone since I noticed this problem and it still persists.

I had this same issue. I had accidentally selected the repeat option. Check to see if this is selected. Unselect it and the problem should be fixed.

Morne van den Bergh

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. My playlist is on Shuffle, but has no affect as the same song is repeated and doesn't move to the next random song. I have rebooted my iPhone, but the problem remains.

DressyFemme_grrl44

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
While you're playing a song, go to the song listing at the bottom of the screen. Click the name of the song in the middle. This opens the up next screen. Make sure the repeat (third icon from left) isn't visible, if it is click once. Then click the three lines icon. Go in and clear all "up next" songs. Now exit back to your original screen. This should fix the problem :)

mikamihay

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I had this same issue. I had accidentally selected the repeat option. Check to see if this is selected. Unselect it and the problem should be fixed.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH! I would have lived with this forever (or at least until my phone breaks) if it wasn't for your comment :)

simplekelly

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I registered with this site just to say THANK YOU!!!! I couldn't find that darn repeat icon.

Once you click on the song name under LYRICS says Up next and to the right of that is the shuffle icon and the repeat icon. The repeat icon shouldn't be highlighted so click it and it won't be red anymore and won't repeat the songs.

THANK YOU!!!

lavalampgeek

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I cleared my up next by triple clicking the shuffle icon but it didn't help. There are no icons below the song btw just the reverse play/pause forward buttons.

JeremyDWilliams

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
dressyfemme_grrl44 above almost solved it - but not quite. Do what she said, click on name of song to make its info fill screen. But! Then swipe up to reveal the repeat button. Click it so it's no longer selected. While you're at it - sing along to the lyrics that you revealed by swiping up :)

(iOS 10, Aug 2017)

jtf1234

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
JeremyDWilliams, thank you! YOU solved this problem for me.

dressyfemme_grrl44 above almost solved it - but not quite. Do what she said, click on name of song to make its info fill screen. But! Then swipe up to reveal the repeat button. Click it so it's no longer selected. While you're at it - sing along to the lyrics that you revealed by swiping up :)

(iOS 10, Aug 2017)

Daizzee 1

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
I’m having the same problem after updating my iPhone firmware. Have to wait for Apple to fix the glitch in their next release I guess. Frustrating!

Tiney Tv

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
Click the son that’s currently playing.. scroll down to where you can see the lyrics and t should say shuffle or repeat. Click off repeat :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice