iPhone 4 can't restore through itunes
iPhone 4 requested to b restored was not taking or receiving calls or text. Hooked into iTunes and backed up successfully. When we try to restore it keeps telling us that it's not reading SIM card and try again. Have swapped SIM card through other phones , which works correctly. Tried different sim in problem phone still not working. Visited Apple Store they say software problem. And try selling you another phone.
- 09-01-2015, 05:49 PM #2
Re: iPhone 4 can't restore through itunes
Start from scratch.
1. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
2. If you have cellular service, make sure the SIM card is inserted properly and is activated with your wireless carrier.
3. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
4. Put your device in recovery or DFU mode, and then connect it to your computer.
5. When iTunes detects the device in recovery, select to restore it
6. When the process is complete, set up the device as new.
Note: I assume you have a recent backup of your iPhone.
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 35Last Post: 09-25-2015, 08:52 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 5Last Post: 09-01-2015, 10:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad 2Replies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2015, 06:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad 2Replies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2015, 03:36 PM
New on iTunes: Early release of Pitch Perfect 2, discounts on techo-thillers, season five of Game ofBy iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-01-2015, 01:51 PM