Why do iPhones start to lag?

I

iMore Question

I wanted to ask you this because I'm writing a research paper about The Pros and Cons of iPhone's and Android's I will really appreciate if you help me and thank you for your time.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: why do iPhones start to lag?

I wanted to ask you this because I'm writing a research paper about The Pros and Cons of iPhone's and Android's I will really appreciate if you help me and thank you for your time.

Who says that they do? I have an iPhone 6 Plus with no lag. I also have an iPhone 5 (purchased new in 2012) that likewise shows no sign of lag.

JHC47

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
why do iPhones start to lag?

I've owned iPhone and Android phones. The best android phones, like the Motorola Droid Turbo, don't lag at all.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

My iPhone 6 Plus that runs in iOS 9 beta 5 has occasional lag. My iPad Air 2 on the same OS has no lag. I'm assuming it's the lack of ram that the 6 plus has with just 1 GB. Fan boys will usually say there is nothing wrong with iPhone. They'll never admit it has it a flaw. There are performance flaws with many platforms and hardware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

If you're writing pros and cons, you'd be safer using the "lag" bullet point for the cons on the Android side.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It can be a number of reasons, that applies to any operating system regardless of the device. Lack of RAM, corruption, lack of storage space, physical damage, to name a few.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Ok my little Bubba's, describe lag in a quantifiable way, so that we all know what it is, then we all can calibrate our errant devices !

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I personally haven't experienced any lag on my iPhones 5s or 6 Plus. However I did have lag on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 3, thats one of the reasons I gave up Androids and my love of customization. I just wanted a device that works and Apple iPhones provide that.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I own both an iPhone and Android phones and sometimes iphones do lag especially the older outdated ones and sometimes you need to close some apps, after all 1GB of RAM isn't enough.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have no lag on my iPhone 5. My wifi is strong and it runs very smoothly. I never close my apps unless an app misbehaves. I keep about 3 gb of storage available out of 12.5.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not something you hear about often but it happens. I use to have issues with my camera not taking a pic as soon I press the bottom and I also had an issue with the keyboard not catching up to my typing but those issues are gone. Not sure if it was the OS or an app I downloaded causing the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

My iPhone 6 Plus that runs in iOS 9 beta 5 has occasional lag. My iPad Air 2 on the same OS has no lag. I'm assuming it's the lack of ram that the 6 plus has with just 1 GB. Fan boys will usually say there is nothing wrong with iPhone. They'll never admit it has it a flaw. There are performance flaws with many platforms and hardware.

There are plenty of areas where the iPhone and iOS in general can be improved. But I stand by my statement - neither my iPhone 6 Plus nor my iPhone 5 lag in any noticeable way.

Last edited:

Lewis Pearl

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

no idea..I'm new with this "I" thingy and so couldn't say much.. but so far, no lags for initial experience

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
When the OS evolves beyond the phone's capability. For example, iPhone 4 running iOS 7 was not a very smooth experience. That's really all I can think of related to the phone. The only times I have 'lag' issues with the iPhone 6 is visiting websites that have too much going on, or too many ads. CNN and iMore sites are good examples of this. I don't consider this to be a fault with the phone though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711