Why doesn't my iPhone 4 have WhatsApp?

I

iMore Question

I use an iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 and latest version of whatsapp.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question but WhatsApp Web is for your computer.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Quoted from whatsapp FAQ

At this time, WhatsApp Web is available only for Android, iPhone 8.1+, Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1, Nokia S60, Nokia S40 EVO, BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 smartphones

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hhhhhhmmmm that's odd. Anytime I try to download it, it just brings me to the AppStore to the one I deleted.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hhhhhhmmmm that's odd. Anytime I try to download it, it just brings me to the AppStore to the one I deleted.

It did me too. What happens if you already have the WhatsApp app downloaded?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yah I'm not seeing any evidence of WhatsApp Web on my iPhone. Just had a team member check it and we're both scratching our heads on this one.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The web version basically connects your phone's whatsapp to your PC/Mac's web browser, through the same wifi network ( i think), kind of FTP sharing.

Inside Whatsapp> settings> whatsapp WEB ( do you see this option?)> scan qr code.........Simultaneously, you visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer , where a barcode will be displayed, which has to be read by your phone to connect and mirror the phone's Whatsapp on your computer.

Incase whatsapp Web is not shown as an option in your version of whatsapp, it will come soon, as this is being rolled out in phases ( if I remember reading it correctly somewhere).

Edit: WA version is 2.12.5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah gotcha. I deleted mine a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to see what was accumulating "Other" data on my device. Haven't put it back on.

GavinInCapeTown

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
"Inside Whatsapp> settings> whatsapp WEB ( do you see this option?)"

No. That option does not exist in Whatsapp settings. Do I need to install anything else to get it?

Daniel Caicedo

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
hey Friend, did you solve the issue in your iphone 4? I have the same problem... my whatsapp doesn't show the new buttom "whatspp web" in settings, and I can't pair with my computer. Tell me about it, thanks!

Daniel Caicedo

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
hey Friend, did you solve the issue in your iphone 4? I have the same problem... my whatsapp doesn't show the new buttom "whatspp web" in settings, and I can't pair with my computer. Tell me about it, thanks!

snowmusicman

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
As usual, jailbreak to the rescue. Install Whatsapp Web Enabler (free) from BigBoss repo and the option will be available inside the Whatsapp App.
Tested on iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

Cheers!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
As usual, jailbreak to the rescue. Install Whatsapp Web Enabler (free) from BigBoss repo and the option will be available inside the Whatsapp App.
Tested on iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

Cheers!

Decided to install Whatsapp and check this out.... I just accessed it and my 6s is not jailbroken. I am, however, running iOS 9.3 public beta 5.

I dont find Whatsapp Web Enabler, can any one please help me?

The web enabler app is not on the Apple App store. You'll have to Google for it since I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link here or not. Here's the WhatsApp Web FAQ though.

2016-03-03 15.18.49.png

2016-03-03 15.15.33.png

MoggsKent

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I also have iPhone 4 but an iPad Air and cannot find a way to scan the barcode so I can use WhatsApp on the iPad!!! Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711