Why no signal (sound or vibrate) when Text message is received?

I

iMore Question

i get no sound when a text message is received on my iphone 6 - no settings were changed - those effecting the sounds are turned on and the chosen sound plays on the settings page - the phone rings when a phone call comes in - in simply doesn't seem to recognize when a text arrives (when set to vibrate - it doesn't vibrate) - suggestions please?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Double check the settings regardless. Is the contact set to Do Not Disturb? You can tell looking in their contact. Check the settings for the text. Are calls that are successful coming in around the same time or could DND be set in general that allows some and stops others?

terlen

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
i get no sound when a text message is received on my iphone 6 - no settings were changed - those effecting the sounds are turned on and the chosen sound plays on the settings page - the phone rings when a phone call comes in - in simply doesn't seem to recognize when a text arrives (when set to vibrate - it doesn't vibrate) - suggestions please? no one is muted

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i get no sound when a text message is received on my iphone 6 - no settings were changed - those effecting the sounds are turned on and the chosen sound plays on the settings page - the phone rings when a phone call comes in - in simply doesn't seem to recognize when a text arrives (when set to vibrate - it doesn't vibrate) - suggestions please? no one is muted

I assume it hasn't been dropped or gotten wet. I would take it to an Apple Store genius bar and let them look at it. It should still be covered by Applecare.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings - General - Reset, and then select 'Reset All Settings'. After your iPhone reboots, have someone send you a text message and then see if you hear a notification sound for it. Make sure the screen is in sleep mode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73