How do I resolve iphone 4s message iCloud verification required when trying to reset phone.

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 4s will not connect to WiFi, it is grayed out, I went to settings and tried to turn off the Find my iPhone, and the iCloud is hung up "upgrading". I have reset the Network settings, the settings and have tried to erase phone. Phone will not allow it and keeps giving me a message 'Verification failed' There was an error connecting to iCloud. Any suggestions as to how to remedy these problems?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You will not be able to do anything until the phone is able to connect to the Internet. Having said that, connect your iPhone to your computer and make sure the computer has internet access, then restore your phone via the computer's iTunes app. When prompted, enter the passcode to your iCloud account. If you do not know it, there's nothing any of us can do for you in regard to bypassing the iCloud activation lock.

tudor13

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
How do I resolve iphone 4s message iCloud verification required when trying t...

when you try to do this it asks you for find my iphone to be disabled. and you can't disable this without wifi or something. i know because i have been trying for a whole ******* hour to disable find my iphone so i can give the [redacted] phone away and it doesn't let me.

any suggestions please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I resolve iphone 4s message iCloud verification required when trying t...

when you try to do this it asks you for find my iphone to be disabled. and you can't disable this without wifi or something. i know because i have been trying for a whole ******* hour to disable find my iphone so i can give the [redacted] phone away and it doesn't let me.

any suggestions please?

To disable the Find My iPhone feature on the device, go to Setting -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone, and then disable the toggle next to "Find My iPhone".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner