Any idea why my App Store doesn't notify me about updates?

El_NiNo

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Any idea why my AppStore doesn't notify me about updates, only when I open the AppStore app like to download something , does it say I have updates, any idea why ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: App Store

Been like that since the beginning of iOS 7. I have no idea why. I use AppShopper. It notifies me of updates to apps I own and those I have in my wish list in the app. It also notified of price changes.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: App Store

Same here... I go into the AppStore all the time anyway so it is not that big of a deal for me. I also use AppShopper that notifies me of updates and price drops for apps that I am tracking.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think if I go long periods of time without checking the App Store, the red badge finally shows. Like a day or so later. But that's rare because I go to the App Store several times a day.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's been like that for a long time. Not a big deal for me. I check the App Store on a pretty regular basis anyway.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine always automatically update when I am on wifi, so I never worry about it. I wasn't even aware you get notified of an update on the iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine always automatically update when I am on wifi, so I never worry about it. I wasn't even aware you get notified of an update on the iPhone.
If you have auto update toggled on, you would not get the alert. In iOS 6, we always got the red badge when it was update time. Now it does nothing until you launch the App Store.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have mine set to auto update. Love it.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

I don't like auto updates. I like to see it first. I have an app I don't want to update. Not if it takes away an option it has that Apple may not know about. Most apps get pulled for having it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh