How to export from Photos without losing the original date?
I am trying to export my iPhone pictures out of Photos... but whenever I export the "unmodified originals" it gives me a date other than the date on which I took the photo. I have optimized storage on, so it looks to me that Photos gives them the date where it re-downloaded the photo for export.
I know that the original date must be stored somewhere, since Photos can give me an accurate date... so there must be some way to export with the original date on the file, right?
I wouldn't mind so much if it kept all the photos on my iPhone so I could manually import, AND keep a copy with funny dates on Photos... but after I turned on Photos on my iPhone it automatically started managing that storage and deleting old (backed up through Photos) photos.
- Best AnswerAug 23 2015 | 2:01 pm EDT
Original picture info is in the exif data stored with the file.
- 08-23-2015, 02:01 PM #2
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-24-2015, 10:24 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2015, 09:51 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2015, 09:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2015, 08:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2015, 08:02 AM