iPhone or Samsung?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ahhh? Posted in wrong thread.

Anyways, cheapest place to get 128GB SD card?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
Cheapest would be Amazon. They just ended a sale on the 128gb SanDisk for $49.99. They run that sale every few weeks though. I'd recommend the Lexar 633x. It's faster than most on the market. It's been hovering around $95.00 or so. I've seen it as low as $79.99 though.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Definitely . Personnal preference, I guess!
Since I love technology, I would not mind another phone to fiddle with and use from time to time (like the M9 or G4), but not as a daily driver. My heart remains with the  =P

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I've honestly grown to love Android. It can be more finicky depending on the actual device, but it's fun to play with.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Ahhh? Posted in wrong thread.

Anyways, cheapest place to get 128GB SD card?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.

I just saw that:
98044a9361cc544c722b3863ee6a8978.jpg

Gary Dauphin

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been using both for a while now. I enjoy iOS for its (overall) consistency and Android for its customizability. However, for my family, I wish they would stick with iOS because I am sick of fixing their "How do I fix...." issues that pop up everyday.

That being said, the camera on the new NOTE 5 is pretty awesome, and if Apple doesn't match it in the 6s, this photographer may have to switch over.

eldin75sa

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I was Android user since 2010. and HTC Desire. After Desire I switch to LG, than to Samsung for 3 years (S3, S4, N3, S5). My journey with Samsung was over because one particular reason (very important to me as their customer): One product (flagship), one price, different specs and hardware for different markets. Don't be confused, but I hate policy that everyone money is not equal. Example: Samsung Galaxy S5 - G900H (international version) with their Exynos cpu with Mali gpu (obviously tested in developing countries for this year flagships S6 series) in regular market product vs Galaxy S5 G900F with more stable Snapdragon S800 paired with Adreno gpu for US/EU markets. Look for rumors about new Note 5. 3gb ram European market vs 4gb ram International markets. iPhone at other hand is same for every single customer all around the world. That's why - iPhone for me every single day in week over Samsung. Even with higher price, but Samsung pass Apple in price tags for their flagships. Also, there's many other reasons, but this one is more than enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Samsung's are fun out of the box. There's a lot of settings and features they cover that stock Android devices make you take extra steps for, or don't do at all.

That said, I have come to like my temporary stock like Motorola G (after selling a Galaxy Note 3) on the latest stock Android 5.1 with the extra amenities Lollipop offers; and also the ever improving Google day to day information available once I finally succumbed and let Google in to my life completely. :)
Apple I'm sure is similar/as good /better - I don't know yet.

I would definitely recommend Samsung's as a first Android device, as they make life easier and have killer features and spec, especially the screens. Whether they integrate well for power users with office products, exchange, may be down to Touchwiz or integrated apps, but Microsoft apps for Android have really nailed Android recently it seems to me, though I am not a heavy user.

There are quite a few excellent mid price Android devices now that make more sense at near half the money or less, so I am looking elsewhere and the Note 5 is not destined for the UK as yet.

Android is getting very fragmented over different OEM's again. I got the Lollipop update late, and now Android M is out soon, so too many complete settings and other changes just for changes sake in my view, and an awful lot to keep up with.

I don't fiddle much with layouts and
widgets etc, so part of me thinks iOS could suit me better for several reasons.

I have no experience really but may need to try a pre-owned 4s / 5 soon for a work requirement, and see if I like it - though it won't be a 6+ like ride I grant you.

Samsung will work well and be a ton of fun until that next software update. Then it will become a calling and texting brick, at best. I'll stay with iPhone.
There you are! Nice to see you.
I remember your issues with the Pro tablet and Note 3.
Comment allez-vouz, Madame ?

(Evilguppy : "Who the heck is this guy?)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
@Madd54, if you can get a 5S, think you'll like the TouchID along with overall better specifications than the 4S or 5.

anon8380037

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Trees;2582303 said:
Thanks. I think you may be converting me by stealth.

I think for the price of a Grade A or nib 5S, I could get my next Moto X Play or Style, Alcatel I3, almost a G4 or a Note 4 as my daily. So it would be time to choose my next OS.

I am sure you are correct about the 5S being a better buy. I appreciate it.

I will look into it later.

Last edited:

JHC47

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
This. I could be 100% happy with any Android Phone moto has released/announced recently. Even the motoG 2015 is a winner.

This. I would take any iPhone over any Samsung, but Motorola is a different ballgame. The Motorola X, Turbo, etc. are truly awesome phones. The Turbo has epic battery life, awesome specs, and pretty close to stock Google Android.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I think you may be converting me by stealth.

I think for the price of a Grade A or nib 5S, I could get my next Moto X Play or Style, Alcatel I3, almost a G4 or a Note 4 as my daily. So it would be time to choose my next OS.

I am sure you are correct about the 5S being a better buy. I appreciate it.

I will look into it later.

If I was going Samsung again, the Note 4 would be my choice. However, the 5s is the best value for nib iPhone right now. Once the 6s appears, I bet there will be a lot of good carrier promotions for the 6.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
If I was going Samsung again, the Note 4 would be my choice. However, the 5s is the best value for nib iPhone right now. Once the 6s appears, I bet there will be a lot of good carrier promotions for the 6.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

Yeah I am waiting for its release to get the 6 =P

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Given that BalckBerry is making a move into the Android world with a slider full qwerty keyboard phone I think it is a relevant device choice. I don't need or want physical keyboards.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
There you are! Nice to see you.
I remember your issues with the Pro tablet and Note 3.
Comment allez-vouz, Madame ?

(Evilguppy : "Who the heck is this guy?)

?a va tr?s bien, merci, et vous?
I am loving my IOS system now that I've jumped ship completely.
All my devices are connected, the occasional minor glitches are easily solved just by asking here, no major issues, ever.
So I won't ever go back to Samsung.
IF, and that's a catastrophic, humongus, what the heck happened kinda if, I were to be forced to go back to Android, (kicking, screaming and swearing like a drunken sailor on a Tourette's rampage) I would go with Nexus.
But my life would have to be in serious danger, lol.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Given that BalckBerry is making a move into the Android world with a slider full qwerty keyboard phone I think it is a relevant device choice. I don't need or want physical keyboards.

Good god... Blackberry swapping battery fluids with ... Android?! *RUNS FOR THE HILLS SCREAMING*

anon8380037

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
?a va tr?s bien, merci, et vous?
I am loving my IOS system now that I've jumped ship completely.
All my devices are connected, the occasional minor glitches are easily solved just by asking here, no major issues, ever.
So I won't ever go back to Samsung.
IF, and that's a catastrophic, humongus, what the heck happened kinda if, I were to be forced to go back to Android, (kicking, screaming and swearing like a drunken sailor on a Tourette's rampage) I would go with Nexus.
But my life would have to be in serious danger, lol.
Off topic, but LOL!

I always loved your style of humor, overlaying feisty common sense and knowledge.

I'm glad iOS works better for you and your husbands' business and other needs.

Never say never to anything though. Tech evolves.

Last edited:

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Android is getting very fragmented over different OEM's again. I got the Lollipop update late, and now Android M is out soon, so too many complete settings and other changes just for changes sake in my view, and an awful lot to keep up with.

This right here is one of the main reasons I'm like 90% sure I'm going to be getting an iPhone 6+ as my first iPhone. After having the iPad for a year, I LOOOOVE getting updates as soon as they're available!!! This is how bad it is on Android:

https://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

The list isn't very long now, but back when Lollipop was rolling out there were 2 rows of devices! So you had to pick your device, and then see which stage of development it's in. Or your device might not be listed at all just yet, making you wonder if you'll EVER see an update! Also, there's word that there's an incremental update for my current device (LG G4). People on T-Mo are saying they got the update. Where's mine? Is it coming today? Tomorrow? This week? This month? Who knows!!!

OK...make that 95% sure I'm going to get an iPhone for my next device...

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
An Apple a day keeps R2D2 away. And they are good for your health.
Make that 100% you are going to get an iPhone =P

bigoldthor

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Choosing which phone is best is open to user interpretation. Apple 6S Plus will offer some enhancements over last years first phablet from Apple but honestly from a phablet standpoint Samsung does it much better. They offer S Pen and suite of apps meant to actually use the extra screen size, the latest iteration has a much better feel while holding it and of course they push the specs to the max on every product. I am disappointed that they are "considering" as the rumors say about a 128GB version which honestly they should have had it at launch since there is no expandable memory as most Android users are accustomed to. So if you want phablet its really Samsung.

Having said that, and having had Note 2, 3 and 4 in the past and having had the 6 Plus I personally will be getting the 6S Plus for several reasons which are based on my needs and not a technical leap that Apple is making (since it really isn't). First I use a ton of Apple gear and so does my wife, iPad's MBP, ATV3 iPhones (work and personal), etc, etc. so the Apple integration part makes sense (except when it doesn't).

The single biggest differentiator that Apple has over Samsung is the OS updates that they can get out the door without delay or carrier involvement and honestly if Samsung were to follow Motorola's path to pure Android with minor Samsung specific tweaks they would be doing far better and getting far more sales.

So for me I will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus AND either the Nexus by LG or the Motorola X Pure Edition so I can simply swap SIM's as I need.

I get very annoyed with the walled garden ecosystem and repressive actions by Apple but when stuff works it can be advantageous and looked past, except when I can't and then I move back to Android to get used to freedom. This time around I am choosing both and will use both but I am not inclined to spend $950 x 2 when I can spend $950 + 425.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm constantly torn between both. That's why I have an iPhone 6 for work and my new Edge+ for personal use. I realize not everyone has that option, though. Gun to my head I'd probably go with the iPhone 6s Plus. But I'm so very much enjoying this new Samsung that it wouldn't be easy.

BTW I'm not a fanboi of either ecosystem. I just love smartphones and trying out new stuff as much as possible.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk