Are Verizon iPhones sold unlocked?
Have a chance to buy an iphone that was used on verizon network. Am I able to use it on cricket which runs off of att? Some places online say verizon is unlocked already while others say not.
- 08-18-2015, 06:59 AM #2
- 08-18-2015, 08:13 AM #3
- 08-18-2015, 05:35 PM #4
- 08-18-2015, 06:38 PM #5
- 08-18-2015, 08:32 PM #6
- 08-18-2015, 09:41 PM #7
- 08-19-2015, 06:11 AM #8
- 08-19-2015, 06:15 AM #9
- 08-19-2015, 06:37 PM #10iMore Pro
- 692 Posts
Re: Verizon Iphones unlocked from start
Verizon phones are GSM unlocked because of this particular language in the 47CFR 27.16 published by the FCC during the 700MHz auction.
No licensee may disable features on handsets it provides to customers, to the extent such features are compliant with the licensee's standards pursuant to paragraph (b) of this section, nor configure handsets it provides to prohibit use of such handsets on other providers' networks.
For a bit more history there are plenty of other articles to read:
FCC sets 700MHz auction rules: limited open access, no wholesale requirement | Ars Technica
- By Manik Tuli in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2015, 01:17 AM
- By moizkhan22 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2015, 02:54 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2015, 08:21 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2015, 07:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2015, 06:16 PM