Why is there cellular distortion after replacing the mic panel on my iPhone?.

I

iMore Question

i have replaced the mic panel of my phone, and started to face the strange problem, when recording on voice memo there is no distortion, while on cellular call it makes distortion, which is heard by the other person, and it's soo loud.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iphone 5: Cellular distortion in mic after mic panel replacement.

You did the mic panel replacement yourself? Does dictation work ok? I'm guessing it does since voice memo does ok. You might try Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
if that doesn't work you can try a restore as new. It's a pain, but sometimes necessary. I've done it with my 5. If a restore doesn't work, you should let a reputable repair shop look at it. The Genius Bar at an Apple Store would be best. But I'm sure you don't want to spend that much on the 5.
Be sure the mic is clear if debris.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 5: Cellular distortion in mic after mic panel replacement.

Retrace your steps and make sure that you put everything back like it was.

Mannan Masood

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: iphone 5: Cellular distortion in mic after mic panel replacement.

yes the dictation works perfectly, but the problem is that noise is created by the cellular signals, like if we place the mobile near some sound system and when someone calls a noise create. So no noise over whatsaap, or calls over internet... As its a cellular noise so its clear that its not a software problem...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro