Why am I having trouble installing iOS 8.4.1 on my iPhone 4S?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 4S i downloaded the IOS 8.4.1 this morning and then I went and hit Install and left it alone for a while. when I came back the Phone was off and when i turned it on it is showing me to connect to iTunes. i tried restarting it and it still wont do anything else. i cant use the touch screen at all. so i connected it to the computer and opened iTunes but it wont recognize that its connected so Im not sure what to do. any help would be greatly apreccioated. thanks

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: having trouble installing IOS 8.4.1 on m iPhone 4S

Did you update from a previous version of iOS? Did you connect to iTunes like you were instructed? Have you had prior problems before with this phone, or is it 'New' to You?

joblo001

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

Yes. I updated from iOS 8.4.1. Never had a problem like this on this phone while installing new software. I have had the phone for a while and downloaded and installed software several times on it. I tried to connect to iTunes but it wouldn't recognize it when I plugged it in

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes. I updated from iOS 8.4.1. Never had a problem like this on this phone while installing new software. I have had the phone for a while and downloaded and installed software several times on it. I tried to connect to iTunes but it wouldn't recognize it when I plugged it in

Try using a different cable and/or USB port.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Force shut-down and restart, hold down home and start button at same time, that might help.

friendwhocares

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a 44 month old iPhone 4s running iOS 8.4.1 with no problems. I used iOS 5.1 for a long time then before iOS 8 came out I upgraded to iOS 7. However, I had to wipe the iPhone with a reset to factory new condition, upgrade to iOS 7 and restore my settings from a backup all using iTunes on my XP laptop. I've installed every upgrade after that and my iPhone 4s is running iOS 8.4.1 with no problems. So I hope you can do the same thing using iTunes and a backup of your settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox