Reboot After Yosemite Internet Recovery Hangs at 50%

sibeans

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
can anyone post some advice for this?

this is the 2nd re-install attempt via Internet Recovery as the 1st download and install completed but the iMac had serious sbbod and lag when opening basically anything. i figured it was a bad install file from WiFi.

to prep for the 2nd re-install, i repartitioned the hdd to only have one mac volume and verified the disk and all was reported ok. then i started the download via an ethernet cable and proceeded to install Yosemite last night, overnight, to wake up the morning after to find to the grey boot screen with the bar at the half-way point; now i cannot access the disk utility from startup or anything else, it just goes to the apple logo and the grey loading screen and hangs at the halfway point.....please help, thanks!

sibeans

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
turns out it was the OS X install usb holding up the load screen and/or the keyboard & mouse plugged into the wrong usb slot.

if you need to access any of the boot commands from the keyboard and there's the grey screen hang, shut off power and then plug the keyboard into another slot; and then it's trial and error from there

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2