Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Jailbroken iPhone stuck on white screen with black apple after erasing all content?

As I have read, much too late, you should never erase all content and settings on a jailbroken iPhone, but I didn't know where else to turn.

I have an iPhone 5 (software is, I believe, 8.1.2) and it charges perfectly using its cord, but when plugged into a computer, neither iTunes nor the computer itself can recognize my iPhone as a device.

Therefore, I couldn't restore it on iTunes, and my phone was infected with viruses I think, at least a rat of some type and it was unresponsive and laggy, and very glitchy.

So, I erased all content and settings, and after rebooting many times (and never progressing past the white screen with the black apple) and it was unresponsive for probably twenty minutes.

I have been trying to reset it (holding power and home button) and I have tried putting it in safe mode (holding power and home, and then turning it on and holding down volume up) to no avail.

When I try to put it in safe mode, a little gray bar appears under the black apple, like it is loading something, like it is trying to progress but it won't do anything.

Please help me? Thank you.

iMore Genius

3,636 Posts

Default Re: Jailbroken iPhone stuck on white screen with black apple after erasing all content?

Hopefully someone will have some input, but this is why I don't jailbreak my devices. I don't need the headaches.