What is mobogenie and why has it put £70 on my phone bill?
I have seen many forums saying mobogenie is a Samsung/blackberry replacement App Store, but for some reason it's managed to find its way onto my iPhone 5 and has cost me £70! I've never downloaded anything I've had to pay for and my sister is extremely upset with her sizeable phone bill.
If anyone knows a solution to this, please let me know, it would be exceptional.
- 08-10-2015, 12:24 PM #2
Re: What is mobogenie and why has it put £70 on my phone bill?
Apparently it (mobilegenie) can also be used to hack iPhones and install pirated apps - many of which install Malware...
Restore your device via iTunes and set it up as new from scratch and do not restore from a backup.
You'll have to deal with your service provider to see if they have means of preventing 3rd parties to bill to your account in the future.
- By nmburns in forum Apple WatchReplies: 34Last Post: 08-21-2015, 01:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2015, 05:25 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2015, 12:08 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2015, 11:40 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2015, 10:12 AM