Is my phone just a valuable, chunky paperweight now?

I

iMore Question

Recently i decided to Jailbreak my IPhone 5, and basically, it didn't go the way i wanted it to and now my phone wont show up in ITunes. When i tried to restore the phone through settings to put it back in its original state , it has gone to a permanent white screen with the apple also accompanied by a non-moving loading screen. Any suggestions on what i should try?

Note: I've looked on other forums and they've told me to hold the home button and the start button at the same time to fix this. That did not work. They also said to do this while the phone was plugged into ITunes but that was met with the error 0xE8000084.

Please help i really do not want my phone to turn into a brick!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow I'm sorry this has happened. Im always afraid of jailbreaking because I'm afraid of something like this. I'm hoping one of the jailbreak folks has an answer for you soon.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This is why I don't jailbreak my devices. I don't need any more aggravation in my life. But like qbnkelt said, I hope someone will have some input to help you.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Recently i decided to Jailbreak my IPhone 5, and basically, it didn't go the way i wanted it to and now my phone wont show up in ITunes. When i tried to restore the phone through settings to put it back in its original state , it has gone to a permanent white screen with the apple also accompanied by a non-moving loading screen. Any suggestions on what i should try?

Note: I've looked on other forums and they've told me to hold the home button and the start button at the same time to fix this. That did not work. They also said to do this while the phone was plugged into ITunes but that was met with the error 0xE8000084.

Please help i really do not want my phone to turn into a brick!

First of all, make sure that you’re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, just put your device in DFU mode and connect it to your computer/iTunes. It will download the latest iOS and install it for you. Good luck.

How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro