Alert going off repeatedly with no new notifications/alarms showing up on iPhone 6+?

I

iMore Question

I have 6+, version 8.4 and have been having issues most mornings with multiple 'ding' sounds going off. Sometimes even during my Do Not Disturb times or when set on Airplane Mode. I have changed all my notification sounds so that the 'ding' sound is not one of them. Still getting that sound alert in the mornings when I wake my phone up. I may get 15 dings....then silence....then a few minutes later it starts again. No notifications/mail/alerts, etc. showing. I have been to the Apple Store 3 times for this!! Nothing worked (reset all settings, wiped phone clean 3 times, used a iTunes reinstall, iCloud reinstall, and 2xs reinstalled as a new phone. Still happened. Set all my notifications off. All sounds off. Still happened. Apple finally gave me a new phone. On the 2nd morning......the 'ding' sound was back!!! SO FRUSTRATING. Is my phone possessed?ha If anyone else has had this happened and somehow figured out a solution....please let me know! Thanks!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've done all that you said you have then the 'ding' sound may be in your head. Did you check the alarm notification alert? Do you have an app installed that may be using that particular alert? Anyway, put the device in recovery mode and restore it via iTunes. Afterwards, leave everything at its default settings for 24 hours. Do not install any 3rd party apps or games. I doubt you'll get any unsuspecting 'dings'.

vsrsm

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Just Me D......I already did that too! Still had the problem. What I ended up doing was this: turned off ' background refresh' on all my apps and it hasn't done it since!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711