How to set up a used iPhone 5S from an iCloud backup of an iPhone 4S?
The iPhone 5s was partially set up at phone store, but I didn't have an iCloud account. They told me to set up iCloud account and I'd be able to finish moving info/apps to newer phone.
The 5s doesn't show "choose backups" as an option. Do I have to start over?
- 07-31-2015, 07:25 PM #2
- 38,470 Posts
Re: How to set up used iPhone 5s from iPhone 4s from iCloud
If you've performed an iCloud backup using the iPhone 4S, then you should be able to restore that backup to your iPhone 5S.
1. On the iPhone 5S, go to Settings - General - Reset, and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings".
2. When the process is complete, you will be greeted with the welcome screen.
3. After you've selected the desired language, you will be prompted to either restore from a backup or set up as a new device. Choose the restore from backup option.
4. Choose to restore from an iCloud backup.
5. Select the iCloud backup that you last made of your iPhone 4S.
6. Let it do its thing.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-07-2016, 08:33 PM
- By Arlindi in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-01-2015, 05:06 PM
- By muchospanish in forum iOS 9Replies: 4Last Post: 07-31-2015, 07:46 PM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2015, 05:05 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-31-2015, 02:12 PM