Why do edited photos in Photos app on Mac get black lines?

DikaiaKnight

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have recently been experiencing issues with the Photos app in that photos I have edited start getting black lines across them in the thumbnails and when opened up. The black part could range from a few lines to half the photo or more. Occasionally the thumbnails go completely blank also. If I export the photo the black carries over, but if I export the original it's normal.

I tried repairing the Photos library to no avail. Occasionally editing the photo further by rotating may work, but usually only temporarily. The only thing that seems to fix the issue completely is reverting to the original photo.

I am running the El Cap beta BUT I reverted back to Yosemite and to before my import of the latest pictures which are having this issue and they appeared after import then also. It seems to be isolated to the photos from my most recent vacation (most recent import) but I definitely edited these more than I have pictures in the past. It's only happening to a few though it seems more pictures are becoming effected over time, even without anything else being done to them. The editing on most was just some simple cropping and the enhance feature.

I found similar issues on Apple's support forums which is where I got the ideas to edit further and repair the library from but none of the solutions there seem to be a permanent fix for me.

Any clue what is happening?

DikaiaKnight

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Bumping. Hoping someone has seen this issue!

Additional details: I have a '10 13" MBA, 1.86ghz Core 2 duo, 2gb memory and SSD. I had been wondering if my MBA is just aging and can't handle the Photos app well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234