Should I keep my iPad Air or get an Apple Watch?

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I only tend to use my iPad as a bigger screen that saves battery on my 6 Plus.
I've wanted an Apple Watch for quite a while but I keep getting told to hold out for the second generation. Because of this I'm not sure if it would be worth selling my iPad to put money towards a first generation device?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Should I keep my iPad Air or get an Apple Watch?
1. Do you currently wear a watch on a regular basis? If not, do you think you'll wear the Watch regularly?
2. People who are telling you to wait for the second generation have no idea how different it may or may not be in comparison to the current Watch.
3. Are you more likely to use an iPad or the Watch more?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
People always will tell you to wait around for the next generation. This applies to almost every electronic devices except toasters and mixers maybe.

Just do what your gut tells you

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
1. Do you currently wear a watch on a regular basis? If not, do you think you'll wear the Watch regularly?
2. People who are telling you to wait for the second generation have no idea how different it may or may not be in comparison to the current Watch.
3. Are you more likely to use an iPad or the Watch more?

I do wear a standard watch on a regular basis so I do think I will make use of the  Watch.
I'm not sure which one I'd use more. I only really use my iPad as a big screen to save battery on my phone.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In my humble opinion, I would keep the iPad before I kept the Apple Watch. And I really, really like my Apple Watch.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My current dilemma is buying a Apple Watch or Air2. I'd like to take advantage of the new iOS 9 features that the Air2 will support but very curious of how the Watch will fit in my flow.
I'm currently using a iPad 2 that basically sits unless I'm reading music on it. I feel the Air 2 may sit also.

As far as the Watch goes I do find myself wanting to check the time without pulling out my iPhone and getting certain notifications also and all the other cool features.
I've considered a regular watch but I then I think of I get a watch why not a Apple Watch. So with all considered I'm leaning more towards the watch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
It depends. Do you walk to school or buy your lunch?

The iPad and the Watch are totally different devices for totally different functions.

I normally walk to college but I've just got a car so that may change. However I do ride a skateboard when I'm not in college.

I'm just curious to know whether the Apple Watch will encourage me to be more active.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I normally walk to college but I've just got a car so that may change. However I do ride a skateboard when I'm not in college.

I'm just curious to know whether the Apple Watch will encourage me to be more active.

In my case, it has. The whole Stand Up thing is kind of cheesy, but it is a good way of becoming more aware of my lack of activity. The Stand Up, Move and Exercise functions of the Activity tracker app has helped me to do that.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't wear a watch at all so my recommendation would be to get the iPad Air 2. But I'm biased because I love my Air 2. I worry about the overall value of the Apple Watch overall. When you get a regular watch, over time it is still just that, a regular watch that has some value to it. But with the Apple Watch, I wonder what will happen when Apple stops supporting that generation of Apple Watch? Does it become useless? There may be answers to this question, but I haven't heard it.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

anon(5418386)

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
As a college student, who primarily walks everywhere, I'm thankful for having my iPad everywhere I go. The portability and power really make it super handy to carry around everywhere vs my Macbook. I wouldn't it change it for the world.

Like you, I wear watches, so getting the Watch wasn't something new. The fitness features though are something I have to admit or something I feel I have to adapt to rather than being fully encouraged to do. I'm not motivated to move and complete the Activity rings, or feel entitled to stand up every time the watch tells me to. I kinda just use it to monitor life as it is rather than use it to change my current lifestyle. But that's just me.

If you are actively pursuing a healthier way of living and want a device you help you monitor and achieve that goal, then I definitely recommend getting the Watch. But if you are not actively pursuing a healthier lifestyle, then I don't recommend you spend money the Watch to encourage you to be more active. Once again, this is personal recommendation. I'm sure if I was trying to be healthier the Watch would be a phenomenal companion.

Although I don't use the Watch primarily as a fitness device, I still love it. I use it as a remote for my music and lights, I use it to peek at my RSS feeds, send quick texts, answer phone calls, check email, and check social media. It's all about convenience and personal lifestyle when it comes to the Watch.

As an Apple fanatic, it hurts saying this but it's true: If you are getting started on wearables, start with the less expensive activity trackers like Fitbit. And if you aren't sure of the turn out of your pursuit to be more active, I wouldn't risk spending money on the Watch at the expense of giving up your iPad. I wouldn't sacrifice the convenience of an iPad for the convenience of the Watch. If anything you can return the Watch, but I'm not sure (depending on the model you get) if you can go back to an iPad Air if things don't work out.

Once again, these are my recommendations and experiences. You may have an experience completely different than mine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods