Why can't I text with a photo attachment on my iPhone OS 8?

I

iMore Question

Why can't I text with a photo attachment on my iPhone OS 8

I switched from an android phone to an iPhone on the same network. I had always sent photos via text. My photos on the iPhone fail to send via text. How do I send a photo to some one via text on my iPhone ?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why can't I text with a photo attachment on my iPhone OS 8

I switched from an android phone to an iPhone on the same network. I had always sent photos via text. My photos on the iPhone fail to send via text. How do I send a photo to some one via text on my iPhone ?

What app are you sending the texts from? If it is Apple's iMessage app, there shouldn't be an issue...Maybe it could be due to reception too.

kseering

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Does the iMessage app work with other systems or just other iPhones ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Does the iMessage app work with other systems or just other iPhones ?

If it's a non iPhone, it will be sent as SMS. But you must enable that in Settings>Messages >Toggle on "Send as SMS".

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

If it's a non iPhone, it will be sent as SMS. But you must enable that in Settings>Messages >Toggle on "Send as SMS".

Ledsteplin, that option is only for iMessages which can't be send right away because of no internet connection on your iDevice.
If you choose a non-iDevice it will always send as a regular text, as far as I know

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Ledsteplin, that option is only for iMessages which can't be send right away because of no internet connection on your iDevice.
If you choose a non-iDevice it will always send as a regular text, as far as I know

For it to work regardless all the time, it has to be on. You never know. They don't know that. So if they get in that situation, it will be on.
However, if they don't have unlimited text with their carrier it could cost a little.

Last edited:

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Ooh! So it would explain why I could not text people who switched from  to R2D2! It kept trying to send them as iMessages.

But I had to delete the contacts and re-add them.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ooh! So it would explain why I could not text people who switched from  to R2D2! It kept trying to send them as iMessages.

But I had to delete the contacts and re-add them.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yes that works too. Every time you add a new contact, your phone checks if it's an iMessage and FaceTime registered number. By deleting and renewing you forced your phone to recheck that number

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner