Is there a way to keep a number from showing up on your bill?

I

iMore Question

My son is talking to somebody but when I go to look and see what number he's texting, it show's nothing? Is this possible?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's quite possible indeed. It's highly likely your son is texting that person over iMessage, whatsapp, viber, Skype or any other messaging service over Internet.

By doing so, your carrier is not charging him or you for texting as this is not taking place over their SMS service.

The only way to know who you're son is texting is by asking him or checking his phone, I suppose. (or if you're working for the NSA, you could check into his online data )

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if he's using an app along the lines of Kik, Whatsapp or GroupMe. If you'd like to know who he's texting, just take the phone and look...he's the kid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It usually takes a while for the most recent calls to show. The same with texts. Give it a while and check it again. Also, it the caller uses a restricted or private number, you won't see it. And your carrier can't either. But if your son has dialed that number, it should show on outgoing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner